Table of contents
Frequently Asked Questions
We fully understand the many struggles of operating an online business. Juggling handling various systems, both on the front end and back end can also mean that the expenses associated with continuous integration maintenance increases. If you are currently using Oracle NetSuite or considering its implementation, integrating SuiteCommerce may give the best value for your business.
In this article, let’s dive into the NetSuite e-commerce solution for retail industries to give you an idea on how you can leverage its powerful features for your business!
What Is SuiteCommerce? NetSuite’s E-Commerce Solution
NetSuite SuiteCommerce is an e-commerce business management software that integrates e-commerce seamlessly with your fundamental business operations, providing a comprehensive perspective on inventory and order management, accounting, financials, CRM, and marketing to serve as a single e-commerce platform that supports both B2B e-commerce solution and B2C e-commerce solution.
SuiteCommerce vs. SuiteCommerce Advanced
There are two types of SuiteCommerce products — SuiteCommerce (previously SuiteCommerce Standard) and SuiteCommerce Advanced (SCA). While they share similarities, they have distinct differences in terms of features, flexibility, and target audiences. Let’s compare the two:
What is Suite-commerce Standard in NetSuite?
SuiteCommerce Standard is the newer and lighter version of SCA suitable for businesses with straightforward e-commerce requirements. You should go for SuiteCommerce Standard if you want to:
- Easily put up a full-featured online store
- Avoid managing hardware or software
- Save costs with the lighter version of SCA
What is Suite-commerce Advanced in NetSuite?
NetSuite SCA is the predecessor to SuiteCommerce Standard that offers a more mature and feature-rich solution often preferred by larger enterprises with intricate e-commerce needs that require extensive SuiteCommerce customization capabilities. You should go for SCA if you want to:
- Have access to the source code
- Integrate to multiple distribution channels
- Trigger upgrades manually
What Is The Difference Between SCA and Suite-commerce Standard?
Take a look at the key differences between SuiteCommerce Advanced and SuiteCommerce Standard:
What Are The Key Features of Netsuite’s SuiteCommerce?
Customize your web-based store for reduced lead times and a better customer experience. SuiteCommerce provides a responsive and mobile-friendly web store that ensures a seamless shopping experience for your shoppers.
Make it easier for product page updates and create custom catalogs with real-time pricing. Using NetSuite's SuiteScript and SuiteBuilder tools, SuiteCommerce allows you to tailor the e-commerce experience to your specific needs.
Make it easier to manage content, enhance pages, assign items, and manage categories. SuiteCommerce includes content management tools for easy product catalog management, content creation, and customization of web pages to showcase products and promotions.
Unify your inventory, orders, and shipping data which means fewer manual errors and better visibility. Efficiently manage your inventory levels, track stock across multiple locations, and set up reorder points to prevent stockouts.
Business Insight & Analytics
Capture and store shopper interactions to get valuable insights into your buyers’ behavior. With built-in analytics and reporting tools within SuiteCommerce, it's easier to monitor the performance of your online store and track profitability.
SuiteCommerce Pricing (Cost of NetSuite E-Commerce)
Netsuite e-commerce pricing is typically tailored based on factors such as the size of your business, e-commerce modules features, and level of customization required.
SuiteCommerce Standard Price Point
Out-of-the-box SuiteCommerce Standard implementations could most likely range from $15,000-$25,000 with a few customizations to consider.
SuiteCommerce Advanced Price Point
SuiteCommerce Advanced Pricing starts at $15,000. But, if you purchase this because you have more complex requirements that may require more customizations, you will likely be investing at least $60,000 including migrating from your existing eCommerce platform to SuiteCommerce.
NetSuite SuiteCommerce InStore
Essentially, it SuiteCommerce InStore enables businesses to integrate their online and in-store operations through a Point-of-Sale (POS) system that can be used in physical retail locations. This POS system is integrated with the broader NetSuite suite, ensuring that sales data and inventory information are synchronized across all channels.
NetSuite SCIS Features
Some key features SuiteCommerce InStore are:
NetSuite SuiteCommerce MyAccount
SuiteCommerce MyAccount (SCMA) is a self-service web portal that give customers autonomy in handling various account-related tasks, including managing account details, reviewing recent transactions, and settling invoices.
NetSuite MyAccount Features
Other features in the My Account area of your site are:
NetSuite’s SuiteCommerce vs. The Competition
NetSuite's SuiteCommerce competes with various other e-commerce platforms in the market. While the competition is diverse, here's a general comparison between SuiteCommerce and some common competitors:
SuiteCommerce vs. Shopify
- Integration Needs: If seamless integrations with an ERP system like NetSuite is a priority, SuiteCommerce may be the preferred choice.
- Ease of Use: Shopify is known for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a popular option for businesses that want to get their online store up and running quickly.
- Cost: Consider the total cost of ownership, including platform fees, customization costs, and transaction fees, when comparing the two platforms.
SuiteCommerce vs. Magento
- Integration Needs: If seamless integration with an ERP system like NetSuite is a priority, SuiteCommerce may be a preferred choice.
- Cost: Magento's open-source edition is free, making it attractive for smaller businesses. However, costs may vary based on hosting, extensions, and customization. SuiteCommerce's pricing may depend on the NetSuite subscription and customization needs.
- Development Community: Magento has a large and active development community, which can be beneficial for finding solutions, extensions, and community support. SuiteCommerce, while having a community of Netsuite developers , may not be as extensive as Magento's.
SuiteCommerce vs. CloudCraze
- Business Type: SuiteCommerce is a versatile platform suitable for both NetSuite B2B e-commerce ERP and B2C platform. If the primary focus is on B2B transactions, CloudCraze might be a more specialized solution.
- Integration Preferences: SuiteCommerce integrates tightly with NetSuite ERP, while CloudCraze is built on the Salesforce platform. Consider existing e-commerce software infrastructure and integration preferences when choosing a platform.
- Customization Needs: Both platforms offer customization capabilities, but the extent of customization required for specific business processes should be considered.
- Learning Curve: The learning curve may vary based on the familiarity of the business with the underlying platforms (NetSuite for SuiteCommerce and Salesforce for CloudCraze).
SuiteCommerce vs. SAP
- Scope: If the primary focus is on e-commerce cloud and online selling, SuiteCommerce may be a more targeted solution. If a business requires comprehensive ERP capabilities across various functions, including e-commerce, SAP could be more suitable.
- Business Size: SuiteCommerce is suitable for businesses of varying sizes, including small to mid-sized enterprises. SAP is often preferred by large enterprises with extensive operational needs.
- Integration Preferences: SuiteCommerce tightly integrates with NetSuite ERP, while SAP offers a wide range of modules that can be integrated within the SAP ecosystem. The choice may depend on existing e-commerce software infrastructure and integration preferences.
How Much Does Oracle SuiteCommerce Cost?
As for SuiteCommerce, the cost of implementation may vary depending on implementation cost factors like subscription fees, extent of customization, add-on e-commerce modules, etc. But to give you a high-level, here’s approximately how much you can expect to shell out:
It's important to still get in touch with a NetSuite e-commerce partner or SuiteCommerce experts to get a customized quote based on your specific requirements.
NetSuite SuiteCommerce Implementation
Implementing SuiteCommerce involves several steps to ensure a successful launch of your e-commerce platform. While the specifics can vary depending on the unique requirements of your business, here's a general overview of the steps involved:
Step 1: Business Analysis and Planning
SuiteCommerce implementation begins with initial discussions with stakeholders to gain a comprehensive understanding of evaluate how the fundamental features of SuiteCommerce can fulfill your goals. Having these insights, we define the scope of the implementation and develop a detailed project plan.
Step 2: Website Customization
Bringing your vision to life may be the most exciting part of the process. Your NetSuite e-commerce website will be designed to align with your brand and any additional features needed for your specific business processes will be implemented.
Step 3: Testing and Training
Issues are identified and addressed during testing. Then, training will be provided to users who will be managing the SuiteCommerce platform to ensure that the team is familiar with the features and functionalities of the e-commerce system.
Step 4: Go-Live
When you’re good to go, we will execute the go-live plan to officially launch your SuiteCommerce platform. The system will be closely monitored during the initial days to address any immediate issues.
Step 5: Support and Maintenance
Just as it is important to have ongoing support and address issues that arise, it is equally important to stay informed about updates and new features provided by NetSuite to ensure your e-commerce platform remains up-to-date!
How Seller Universe Can Help?
You already know it, making it right the first time means working with the right partner. At Seller Universe, our proven track record in e-commerce implementation, backed by multiple success stories, ensures a tailored solution that aligns perfectly with your business goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NetSuite SiteBuilder?
NetSuite SiteBuilder allows business to easily build your NetSuite custom e-commerce website without the need for extensive coding knowledge. Through NetSuite e-commerce integration, businesses can seamlessly incorporate e-commerce functionality into their websites.
What is SuiteCommerce MyAccount?
SuiteCommerce MyAccount enhances the customer experience by providing a centralized interface where customers can manage their accounts and subscriptions online. Customers are allowed to view invoices and make payments themselves, as well as view account balances and transaction history. It also simplifies the quoting process by allowing buyers to convert a quote to an online sale.
What is NetSuite’s SuiteCommerce InStore?
NetSuite SuiteCommerce InStore integrates your online and in-store operations that includes a fully-featured POS that allows you to see all customer interactions and transactions across all channels.
How Secure Is The Payment Processing in SuiteCommerce?
NetSuite SuiteCommerce places a strong emphasis on security in its payment processing capabilities.
As a part of the NetSuite platform, SuiteCommerce SuiteCommerce typically adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) designed to ensure secure handling of credit card information during transactions.
NetSuite leverages Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, tokenization, and integration with various secure payment gateways to ensure that sensitive information is transmitted securely during online transactions along with authentication and authorization mechanisms to control access to sensitive payment-related data.
What Are The Steps Involved in Implementing SuiteCommerce
We start with 1.) a comprehensive business analysis and planning, involving stakeholder discussions to align SuiteCommerce features with business goals. This is followed by 2.) website customization, tailoring the site to the brand and incorporating additional features as needed. Once completed, 3.) testing and training are conducted to address issues and familiarize users with SuiteCommerce functionalities. The 4.) go-live phase officially launches the platform supplemented by 5.) ongoing support and maintenance to keep the platform current and effective.