Table of contents
Our Oracle NetSuite Price Guide is your go-to source for all things pricing when it comes to this powerful enterprise resource planning software. Whether you're a new business just starting out or a seasoned corporation looking to upgrade your current system, we've got you covered with detailed information on all the available options.
From subscription plans to custom pricing, we'll take you through the ins and outs of how much Oracle NetSuite will cost for your organization. So sit back, relax, and let us guide you through the world of pricing for Oracle NetSuite. With this guide, you'll be able to make an informed decision and find the perfect option for your business needs.
How Much Does NetSuite Cost?
It's a straightforward question with a complicated answer. Unlike some other SaaS products with flat or tiered subscriptions, the cost of NetSuite depends on a lot of different variables, such as:
- Company size
- How many users you have
- The edition you choose
- Add on modules
- Customizations required
- Training and support requirements
- Integrations with legacy or third-party systems
- Which implementation partner you choose to work with.
Seller Universe eCommerce Group has a proven track record of helping businesses install and deploy NetSuite. We understand the variables involved in NetSuite pricing. Click here for a free NetSuite assessment, or read on to learn more about the options that affect NetSuite pricing.
In this article, we'll share a NetSuite price calculator so you can estimate what it costs to unlock the value of the cloud ERP system. Additionally, we'll explain the variables that influence the price.
How Does NetSuite Pricing Work?
There are a lot of factors that influence Oracle NetSuite pricing. Each business is unique, and as a result, they require different editions, functions, and add-on modules. All these differences mean that a NetSuite pricing calculator needs to account for many variables.
Let's take a look at the different factors that are involved in determining Oracle NetSuite pricing.
1. Oracle NetSuite Pricing: Licenses
The first step you need to take to figure out your NetSuite cost is to determine what license you need. That starts with understanding which edition of Oracle NetSuite software your business requires.
How does NetSuite licensing work?
To understand how NetSuite pricing works, you must understand its various licensing structures.
The cost of each license is based on three factors.
- The number of employees, which determines which edition you should use
- The number of full or self-service licenses your employees need
- The number of legal entities or subsidiaries you have across the globe.
Once you have an answer to these three questions, you'll be able to choose between three different NetSuite pricing models, which are referred to as the Suites.
What are the different Oracle NetSuite pricing models?
NetSuite has three different pricing models or editions based on business size and needs.
Let's explore each type and what they are best suited for.
NetSuite Starter Edition
The NetSuite Limited Edition package is ideal for small businesses:
- With less than 50 employees
- That requires up to 10 NetSuite licenses
- With one legal entity
The Starter package provides a foundational ERP solution and is delivered with the SuiteSuccess implementation method, which facilitates a fast setup, typically within 100 days. NetSuite customers can upgrade from this package as they scale or grow.
NetSuite Mid Market Edition
Also called the Standard Package, the NetSuite Mid Market Edition is best for businesses with:
- More than 50 employees
- That requires more than 10, but less than 1000 NetSuite licenses
- Two or more legal entities
NetSuite Standard is ideal for businesses with complex needs and locations. It has all the features of the Starter edition, but it can handle financial reporting and multiple currencies, plus scripting and customizations to fit advanced business processes.
NetSuite Enterprise edition is for large companies with several legal entities that require more than 1000 NetSuite user licenses. The Enterprise edition contains everything in the Starter edition plus extra modules like NetSuite OneWorld.
What you get with each edition
No matter which edition you choose, you'll start out with two suites:
- NetSuite CRM (customer relationship management)
- NetSuite ERP (enterprise resource planning)
What you get with NetSuite CRM and NetSuite ERP
Let's explore the features and functions you get with NetSuite's out-of-the-box cloud solutions.
NetSuite CRM features
- Partner relationship management
- Marketing automation
- Sales Force Automation (SFA)
- Customer success tools
- A host of productivity tools
NetSuite ERP features
- General ledger
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Expense reports
- Purchasing, inventory, order entry
- Real-time dashboards with report data and KPIs
- Advanced shipping options
- NetSuite Basic Customer Support
These two modules could be all you need, depending on your business operations. However, extra functionality is necessary for other prospective NetSuite customers with more complex business requirements, workflows, and processes.
In the following section (Oracle NetSuite Pricing: Modules), we'll discuss some of these modules. But first, let's discuss service tiers and NetSuite license types.
NetSuite service tiers
NetSuite also offers different service tiers based on business productivity.
- Users: 10
- File Storage: 100GB
- Monthly Transaction Lines: 200,000
- Users: 1000
- File Storage: 1000GB
- Monthly Transaction Lines: 2,000,000
- Users: 2000
- File Storage: 2000GB
- Monthly Transaction Lines: 10,000,000
- Users: 4000
- File Storage: 4000GB
- Monthly Transaction Lines: 50,000,000
NetSuite user licenses
Two types of NetSuite licenses affect pricing too. They are:
- Full NetSuite user license: For employees that use NetSuite regularly, such as accountants, admin, sales and marketing team, etc.
- Employee center license: Limited licenses allow data entry tasks, such as entering expenses, PTO, and tracking project time.
OK, now that you understand which edition you need, we need to talk about NetSuite add-on modules.
2. Oracle NetSuite Pricing: Modules
NetSuite offers a wide range of add-on modules that can augment your NetSuite solution. If you're unsure what extra modules you need, NetSuite software specialists, like Seller Universe eCommerce Group, can help you determine which additional modules you need to meet your business objectives.
NetSuite modules are sold in different bundles called editions. They are helpfully packaged according to industry or business type.
Let's explore some of the options available and what they include.
Several factors affect the cost of NetSuite eCommerce, including:
- The number of users
- The NetSuite eCommerce level you choose
- The monthly transactions you have
As you can see, it's a combination of tiered pricing, user pricing, and usage pricing.
NetSuite eCommerce comes in two levels:
- SuiteCommerce: SuiteCommerce is a full-scale eCommerce solution. It's ideal for global eCommerce websites, provides powerful data insights, and integrates with NetSuite ERP, CRM, and Inventory.
- SuiteCommerce Advanced: Built for Enterprise level eCommerce sites and allows storefront customization, data analytics, and features like shopping comparison, elastic site search, and more. SuiteCommerce can help you design an engaging, high-converting platform.
Financial Management modules
NetSuite offers many financial management modules that support revenue management, planning and budgeting, billing, multi-book accounting, bank payments, asset management, and more.
Inventory and order management modules
NetSuite offers modules that enable advanced inventory and order management and grid order management.
Professional service automation modules
NetSuite offers powerful professional service automation (PSA) modules, such as project management and resource management tools.
Supply chain modules
For all things supply chain, NetSuite offers modules for warehouse management, procurement, demand planning, quality management, and manufacturing.
Custom module packages
Finally, you can mix and match modules based on your business needs. Speak with a NetSuite consultant to get the right blend for your business objectives.
3. Oracle NetSuite Pricing: Implementation
Buying an Oracle NetSuite license provides you access to the software. However, you must ensure sound implementation to get your cloud ERP solution up and running and producing value.
Working out the implementation costs is rather complex. A lot depends on your particular business requirements and objectives.
Here are some of the factors that affect the cost of your NetSuite implementation:
- How much research and discovery is required?
- What customizations do you need?
- What integrations with legacy or third-party software are required?
- Do you need additional software development for specific business requirements and processes?
- How much training does your staff require to get up to speed?
As you can see, the complexity of the implementation is what drives the cost. If you are looking for a rough guide, it will probably be somewhere between 2 and 3 times the cost of your annual license fee. However, it all depends on the work required.
4. Oracle NetSuite Pricing: Who Will You Buy From?
The next step in determining NetSuite pricing is figuring out which channels you will use to license the product.
Let's look at the different ways you can access Oracle NetSuite software.
Ways to purchase Oracle NetSuite software
If you're a little confused about the Oracle NetSuite pricing process, you're not alone. Many business leaders find the concept a little overwhelming the first time they try to figure out the total NetSuite cost.
In most of the SaaS world, you can only license the product directly from the software vendor. For example, if you want to purchase Salesforce, you must go through the company itself, with any additional professional services provided through authorized partners.
In other setups, such as Microsoft Dynamics 360, your only option is to buy a license and access professional services through a partner.
However, Oracle NetSuite gives you a few different options. You can:
- Work directly with the Oracle NetSuite sales and services team
- You can work with a NetSuite solution provider
- Or you can work with an accounting agency that is part of the NetSuite BPO program
Let's explore each situation differently to see the pros and cons.
Buying direct from NetSuite
NetSuite sells its solutions directly. Additionally, it offers implementation through SuiteSuccess. While that's perfect for simple business setups, it's less optimized for larger or more complex installs.
- Direct access to NetSuite and its employees
- Structured sales method
- Access to a huge repository of resources
- Early access to new or acquired products in some scenarios
- Limited to SuiteSuccess implementation method
- More expensive than working with a NetSuite partner
- Less personal or relationship-driven services
- More restrictive evaluation and implementation
Buying from a NetSuite solution provider
A NetSuite Solution Provider is an organization with large amounts of consulting and implementation expertise with NetSuite. They feature a mix of experts, such as consultants, developers, and specific business specialists.
These teams help with customization, integration, training, and so on.
- Direct access to NetSuite consultants, resources, and frequently better pricing
- Flexible implementation methods
- Single point of contact
- Some NetSuite Solution Providers have proprietary software for specific industries
- Some products, such as Payroll and Point of Sale, require NetSuite resources to implement
- Quality can be hit and miss, so ensure you vet your potential partner wisely.
Buying from a BPO partner
Instead of buying a NetSuite license, a BPO partner sells you accounting services and NetSuite software as a bundle.
Going through a BPO partner is ideal for smaller growth businesses that don't have an accounting or finance team. Think start-ups, scaleups, etc.
- Quick setup
- Benefits from NetSuite software and outsourced accounting
- Great for teams that want to experiment with NetSuite
- Fewer customization options
- Bringing accounting in-house requires a new NetSuite implementation
5. Oracle NetSuite Pricing: How Much Training And Support Do You Need?
NetSuite training and support are a huge part of ensuring that your NetSuite implementation is successful and provides a good return on investment. Depending on where you source NetSuite, ongoing training and support may be included in your overall implementation price.
For all other situations, the cost of training depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- How many employees need NetSuite training
- The level of detail required for the training
- How long the training will last.
NetSuite is an incredibly flexible cloud business system. You can run it from anywhere in the world, and the modular nature of the software means that your implementation can scale and grow with your business. However, this complexity means that you need a NetSuite pricing calculator to understand the true costs of implementation.
Seller Universe eCommerce Group can help you evaluate your business requirements, needs, and objectives to figure out what editions, user licenses, modules, and customizations will help you get the most from your installation. As a trusted NetSuite partner, we have the experience and expertise to guide you through your business transformation. Get in touch today to get an accurate estimate based on the specifics of your business.